Friday 9 December 2011




  I dont feel a need to mention any dates here(here's another thing,amrit,you used to be bad with dates and numbers).A "not so cold" winter night would suffice to describe my surroundings.Not cold enough to put on your jacket,not hot enough to take it off,i hate this. I think i'm a winter person. The fact that the world outside is cold while you lie warm inside your quilt,somehow, is quite reassuring.Okay,I know i'm babbling  now,I'l get to the point.
  What makes me write today?Just read a couple of "success stories" about my classmates.I wonder what it is about other people's success that makes me hate myself so much.Maybe it is the fact that i don't remember achieving anything of any consequence.Yes,probably that's the reason.In any case,it is very disturbing.It hinders my social life(not that I have any),but it is quite annoying to get a bout of depression everytime you step out.How many times,have I deleted my facebook account just to get away from people's updates about how successful they are?How many times have I avoided going to public events,just to escape this feeling of shame that I get when I'm around people
  It makes me wonder,am I the only one who is so insecure or are there others like me.I guess i'll keep feeling so,unless I have achieved something.But then what?Will that satiate my hunger for,should I say,acceptance?Maybe not.For there will always be someone more successful than me.But it would be nice to achieve something of some consequence.
  I wonder what the future holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment